On February 20th at 4pm, in the House Local and Federal Affairs Committee, Legislators will be voting on House Bill 655. This bill:
- Strips the home rule of local governments by restricting county level ordinances.
- Strikes down essential county ordinances including living wage and paid sick leave and WAGE RECOVERY.
- Would eliminate access to economic security for thousands of Floridians.
HB 655 is nothing more than an attempt by extremist legislators and big business to preempt local governments from passing essential working family ordinances, including living wage and paid sick leave.
CALL THE MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE LOCAL AND FEDERAL AFFAIRS COMMITTEE NOW!
Tell them: “VOTE NO ON HB655! Local governments should NOT be stripped of their right to provide economic security for working families in their communities.”
- Randolph Bracy D45 (850) 717-5045
- Bobby Powell D88 (850) 717-5088
- Daphne Campbell D108 (850) 717-5108
- Sharon Pritchett D102 (850) 717-5102
- Dwight Dudley D68 (850) 717-5068
- Ricardo Rangel D43 (850) 717-5043
- Eddy Gonzalez D111 (850) 717-5111
- Holly Raschein D120 (850) 717-5120
- Clay Ingram D1 (850) 717-5001
- Jose Rodriguez D112 (850) 717-5112
- Mike Larosa D42 (850) 717-5042
- David Santiago D27 (850) 717-5027
- Mary Lynn Magar D82 (850) 717-5082
- Jimmie Smith D34 (850) 717-5034
- George Moraitis D93 (850) 717-5093
- Charlie Stone D22 (850) 717-5022
- Ray Pilon D72 (850) 717-5072
- Charles Van Zant D19 (850) 717-5019